Leader Electronics Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) is committed to complying with the Personal Information Protection Law and related laws and ordinances. We recognize that properly handling information that can identify customers (hereinafter referred to as "personal information") is an important responsibility of the Company, and we hereby declare that personal information by the Company shall be handled in accordance with the following basic policy.
- Handling of the personal information of customers, business partners, and employees handled by the Company shall be done in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Law and related laws and ordinances, guidelines established by the government, and other applicable norms.
- We shall inculcate the importance of protecting personal information to officers and employees of the Company, and establish a management system to ensure the protection of such information.
- We shall clearly stipulate management rules pertaining to the handling of personal information, such as its acquisition, use, and provision, and we shall properly manage personal information in accordance with said rules.
- We shall continually make improvements to ensure that personal information is handled properly.
- Regarding the acquisition of personal information, we shall clearly stipulate the purpose of use of said personal information, and with the consent of customers, we shall acquire their personal information by lawful and fair means within the extent required to achieve the purpose of use stated in advance.
- In the event of an incident such as leakage of personal information, we shall respond appropriately by investigating the facts and causes, taking measures to prevent secondary damage, and taking measures to prevent recurrence.
Handling of Personal Information
- Use of personal information consistent with the stated purpose of use
The Company shall use the personal information it acquires in a manner consistent with the purpose of use stated at the time of the acquisition of said personal information, or within a scope of use that is reasonably relevant to the stated purpose of use.
Further, we shall respect the rights of individuals with regard to their personal information, and we shall respond in good faith in accordance with the provisions of laws and ordinances when requested by customers to disclose, correct, or delete personal information or suspend its use.
Personal information acquired by the Company shall be used for the following purposes.
- Planning, research and development, quality improvement, marketing and sales of products and services handled by the Company, and guidance related to any the above.
- Provision of the following personal information to dealers of our products and affiliated companies of the Company as necessary, by phone, in writing, through electronic media, or by other means in order to respond appropriately to inquiries received from customers.
However, we shall cease providing personal information to our dealers and/or subsidiaries if so requested by customers with regard to their personal information.
[Personal information to be provided] Name, address, age, contact information, customer’s consultation content
- Compliance with the stipulations of laws and regulations, or with notices or guidance from administrative authorities.
- Other purposes stipulated at the time of the acquisition of the personal information.
- Disclosure/provision of personal information
The Company shall not provide personal information that it has acquired to third parties except in the following cases.
- Cases when the Company has obtained the consent of the individual concerned to do so.
- Cases where such provision is based on applicable laws and ordinances.
- Cases where the personal information is provided to subcontractors to the extent necessary for achieving the purpose of use stated in advance.
Even in that case, the Company shall exercise proper management to ensure that the personal information provided by the Company to subcontractors is handled appropriately.
- Cases where the provision of personal information is urgently demanded in order to protect human life and/or human rights.
- Requests for the disclosure of personal information
Customers may request the Company to disclose personal information it has on them.
For inquiries regarding the disclosure and handling of personal information, please contact us at the following e-mail address.
Handling of Personal Information on the Company’s Website
- Provision of personal information
In order to provide customers with information on our products and services, the Company shall request customers to provide personal information including their name, address, phone number, date of birth, sex, and email address. The purpose of use of the personal information of customers shall be stated on each page of the Company’s website where customers are requested to register their personal information.
- Cookies and web beacons
Your browser can be configured to reject cookies or to issue a warning if cookies are sent.
However, it should be noted that if a customer rejects cookies, that customer may not be able to make full use of the services offered on this website.
- SSL (security)
To ensure security when customers send us personal information on this website, we protect customers' personal information by using SSL (Secure Socket Layer: an industry-standard security function that encrypts and transmits information over the Internet). By using an SSL-compliant browser, customers can automatically encrypt any personal information that they choose to transmit.
- Responsibility of customers
Although this website may include links to other websites, it is the responsibility of each customer to confirm the handling of personal information at these linked sites.
Use of this website is at the customer’s own risk.
Please note that the Company shall not assume any responsibility for any damage arising from the use of information acquired by using customers’ personal information acquired on this website and websites that are linked to this website.