Repair & Calibration
Repair within the warranty period
The warranty period of the product will be one year from the date of purchase of the product.
If a problem occurs within the warranty period, we will repair it free of charge except in the following cases.
＜Cases in which repair is charged even if within the warranty period＞
- Failure caused by fall, submersion or other accident caused by careless handling
- Failure due to incorrect operation not in accordance with the instruction manual
- Failure caused by not observing storage and usage conditions specified in the instruction manual
- Failure caused by disassembly, repair, or modification
- Problems caused by products other than the Company’s products
- Failures due to natural disasters or fire
- Replacement of consumables
- Request for calibration service
Repair outside the warranty period
All repairs outside the warranty period will be charged.
The Company will not provide repairs in the following cases.
＜Cases in which the Company will not provide repairs＞
- Products whose serial number has been removed
- Products with remarkable damage due to battery leakage, submersion, strong impact, etc.
- Products that have been discontinued seven or more years ago
(The support period is set as a guide to seven years after the end of sales, taking into account the availability of parts for repair and so on.)
- Products that have been disassembled, repaired or modified by the customer
Warranty after repair
The warranty period of a repaired product will be three months following the return of the repaired product.
If the failure recurs at the same location and with the same symptoms within 3 months after delivery, we will repair the product again at no charge. However, in the event that failure recurs due to the customer's negligence, or failure occurs in another place or with other symptoms, repair will be charged.
Support of products of other companies
For products other than Leader brand products, a delivery record from the Company is required for support.
- A special charge may be assessed for parts that need to be replaced owing to severe deterioration caused by length of use, usage environment, or other factors.
- The cost of shipping products to the Company for repair or calibration will be borne by the customer.
- In the event that a failure other than the failure that was the object of the request is detected during repair or calibration work, the Company will prepare a new estimate for the required work.
- The Company will charge an additional fee when special packing (export packing, air service, special shipping, etc.) is required for shipping from the Company.
- Products sent to a service center for repair or calibration will be packed and placed in an appropriate box.
- The Company will not be held responsible for damage to equipment during shipping.
- We do not accept parcels sent C.O.D.
Issuance of documents
The Company will issue the following documents upon completion of calibration work.
- Calibration certificate
- Test report
Traceability system chart
A traceability system chart will be issued for a fee upon request.